JANUARY – FEBRUARY
- Conclusion, by TAURON Dystrybucja and Apator S.A., of the agreement for the supply of the static direct 3-phase electricity meters intended to be used to meter customers of the C1 tariff groups for the purpose of settling the capacity charge.
- Signing of the agreement by TAURON and PSE, according to which, in case of increased demand for electricity in Poland, TAURON will reduce power consumption by 14 MW under the DSR mechanism.
- Supplying of all TAURON electric car charging stations with electricity coming solely from RES.
- Implementation, at TAURON Wydobycie, of a unique IT system enabling precise monitoring and reporting of equipment failures in the coal mines.
- Conclusion by TAURON of the agreement for TAURON membership in the TGE (PPX) Organized Trading Platform.
MARCH – APRIL
- Signing by TAURON and the closed-end investment funds, a part of whose investment portfolio is managed by Polski Fundusz Rozwoju S.A. (Polish Development Fund) (PFR) of the memorandum of understanding on the preliminary terms of cooperation between with respect to investments in RES.
- TAURON commences cooperation with six start-ups (entities operating in the fields of: HR, blockchain, smart city, customer service, non-destructive methods of material testing) selected in the second round of recruitment for the KPT ScaleUp accelerator managed by the Cracow Technology Park (Krakowski Park Technologiczny).
- Conclusion of a 3-year contract by TAURON Sprzedaż and LOTTE Wedel for the supply of more than 51 GWh of electricity generated from RES as part of the offering addressed by TAURON Sprzedaż to the business customers, regarding the supply of electricity with the certificates.
- Completion of the OCR application deployment project implemented by TAURON Obsługa Klienta.
- TAURON Dystrybucja launches an educational channel for children and youth on the YouTube platform aimed at supporting teaching in the form of remote lessons, among others, during the ongoing COVID19 pandemic.
- Commencement of works by TAURON EKOENERGIA on a system for ultra-fast forecasting of electricity production by the photovoltaic systems, taking into account sudden weather changes, using the Internet of Things technology and the advanced data processing algorithms based on artificial intelligence.
- Publishing of the FY 2020 financial results of TAURON and TAURON Capital Group.
- Publishing of the multimedia Integrated Report for 2019.
MAY – JUNE
- Registration of the ash, slag and gypsum produced by Nowe Jaworzno Grupa TAURON in the REACH (Registration, Evaluation and Authorization of Chemicals) register of the chemical substances brought to the market, kept by the European Chemicals Agency and thus obtaining the possibility of selling such substances on the European market.
- Publishing of the Q1 2020 financial results of TAURON and TAURON Capital Group.
- Completion of the 1st stage of the modernization of the hydro power plant in Pilchowice by TAURON EKOENERGIA.
- Introduction of a new functionality at TAURON Dystrybucja in the form using which TAURON customers report faults and power failures, which sends a text message (SMS) or an e-mail with the feedback indicating the status of the processing the given service request.
- TAURON Dystrybucja commences the replacement of the meters with modern meters enabling remote reading of the metering data at businesses (entrepreneurs) served by TAURON.
- TAURON prepares a free e-book on the photovoltaics for a house.
- Announcing of the qualification procedure for the President and Vice Presidents of the Management Board of TAURON of the 6th common term of office.
- Signing by TAURON Nowe Technologie and Górnośląskie Towarzystwo Lotnicze (the Upper Silesia Aviation Society) of a letter of intent with respect to the construction of the electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
- Signing by TAURON and Fundusz Górnośląski (the Upper Silesia Fund) of a letter of intent on the cooperation with respect to: low emission and RES projects, R&D works related to the construction of innovative hybrid systems and the cogeneration projects related to the improvement of energy efficiency, including energy saving lighting systems.
- Launching by TAURON Dystrybucja of the new Electricity Distribution Grid Browser, which is an application for the contractors who have signed an agreement with TAURON Dystrybucja for the implementation of the medium and low voltage grid connection investment tasks.
JULY – AUGUST
- Conclusion by TAURON of an Agreement with the financial institutions on the eligibility of financing acquired for green investments, under which the debt taken on by TAURON’s special purpose vehicles for the implementation of the RES investments can be excluded from the calculation of the net debt to EBITDA ratio.
- Launching by TAURON Sprzedaż of Cyfrowy Assystent Finansowy (Digital Financial Assistant), i.e. an online platform for the customers from the small and medium sized enterprise sector facilitating the handing of the company’s finances.
- Ordinary General Meeting (GM) of TAURON.
- Appointment of the Company’s Management Board of the 6th common term in office.
- Appointment of the Company’s Supervisory Board of the 6th common term in office.
- Conclusion of the contract by TAURON Sprzedaż and Grupa Santander Bank Polska for the supply of electricity generated from RES as part of the offering addressed by TAURON Sprzedaż to the business customers, regarding the supply of electricity with the certificates.
- Commencement of operation of a new Water Demineralization Station at the Łagisza Power Plant in Będzin (TAURON Wytwarzanie), aimed at ensuring the continuity of the supplies of appropriate quality water for the operation of the power plant.
- Publishing of the H1 2020 financial results of TAURON and TAURON Capital Group.
SEPTEMBER – OCTOBER
- TAURON joins the Polish Wind Energy Association (Polskie Stowarzyszenie Energetyki Wiatrowej).
- Extension by TAURON Wytwarzanie and PSE of the contract for the provision of the cold intervention reserve service.
- Launching by TAURON Dystrybucja of a new application to counteract electricity theft.
- Launching of a new railway connection for the coal supplies from the Sobieski Coal Mine directly to the 910 MW unit in Jaworzno, which is the shortest connection of this type in Poland.
- Conclusion by TAURON with PGE, ENEA and KGHM Polska Miedź of a Letter of Intent regarding the sale to the State Treasury of 100% of the shares in PGE EJ 1.
- Commissioning of the 449 MWe CCGT unit with a heating module with the capacity of 240 MWt in Stalowa Wola.
- TAURON Obsługa Klienta obtains the approval (clearance) of the Office of Electronic Communications for the framework bid related to the construction of the optical fiber network built by the company.
- ERO grants TAURON a license to conduct business operations involving trading in natural gas with foreign counterparties.
- Launching by TAURON of the OPTI AI UNIT project aimed at developing and demonstrating a computer system for controlling the operational parameters of the critical industrial infrastructure devices, as well as building models allowing for the dynamic management of their availability and reliability.
- TAURON is awarded The Best of The Best prize and an honorable mention for the integrated report in The Best Annual Report 2019 competition organized by the Institute of Accounting and Taxes (Instytut Rachunkowości i Podatków).
NOVEMBER – DECEMBER
- Launching by TAURON Obsługa Klienta, as part of its business operations, of a new subpage related to the telecommunications services.
- Commissioning of the 910 MWe supercritical parameters power generating unit in Jaworzno.
- Publishing of the Q3 2020 financial results of TAURON and TAURON Capital Group.
- Modernization of the Document Circulation (Workflow) System by TAURON Obsługa Klienta by implementing a new system architecture, optimizing the current processes implemented in the system and extending the functionality with the use of the latest IBM Case Business Automation Workflow and IBM DataCap technologies in order to increase the standard of customer service in all contact channels.
- Conclusion of a contract by TAURON Sprzedaż and Panasonic Energy Poland for the supply of electricity generated from RES as part of the offering addressed by TAURON Sprzedaż to the business customers, regarding the supply of electricity with the certificates.
- Commissioning of one of the largest shaft cages in Poland at the Janina Coal Mine (TAURON Wydobycie).
- Completion of the main phase of the 200 MW units modernization program at the Łaziska Power Plant.
- Acquisition by TAURON of a wind farm project by acquiring the Wind T1 company, which conducted a construction project with the ultimate capacity of 30 MW on the territory of the Wolbórz and Moszczenica municipalities in the Piotrków county.
- TAURON provides a new mobile application for electric car users, enabling, inter alia, searching for an available charging station in real time, mapping a route to a selected charging station, starting and ending the charging process and making a payment for the service.
- Commissioning of a 5 MW photovoltaic farm in Jaworzno.
- Signing by TAURON and OW OFFSHORE S.L. of the cooperation agreement with respect to the joint implementation of offshore wind farm projects in the Polish Economic Zone.